1970 - B.Sc. in Physics & Mathematics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
1977 - M.A. in Operations Research at the Tel-Aviv University
1981 - Accomplishment doctorate studies in the school of Engineering at the Tel-Aviv University
1988 - Ph.D. in Statistics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Areas of specialization and intrest
1. Operations Research
2. Systems Analysis
3. Traffic Information
5. Simulations and Wargames
6. C4I Systems
Professional Experience including Consulting and Research
1979-1985 - Senior Research officer in Operations Research Department of the IDF. In this position he was responsible for the research and development of fire control systems in tanks and other military operation research activities.
1985-1993 - Chief of Modeling and War-Gaming Branch of the IDF. In this position he was responsible for initiation research and development of war-games and simulations in IDF.
1993-1997 - Head of the IDF’s Center of Systems Analysis in the Planning Branch of the General HQ. Was retired in a full colonel rank.
1997-2000 - Founder and President of IFEL Advanced Systems Ltd. The company performs System Analysis, O.R and Development Services and Systems development.
2000- 2004 - Founder, CEO and President of Estimotion Inc. A technological innovative start-up which had developed new concepts and methods to provide real time, high quality and low cost traffic information.
2004-2007 - CEO of ITIS Traffic Services Ltd (www.itisholdings.com). In that role he was responsible to the research development of ITIS Holdings technology, deployment of the systems in different countries worldwide, the quality of information and products specifications.
2007-2009 - President of IFEL Advanced Systems Ltd.
Membership in Professional Societies
2007 - ITS Israel - Founder and Member of the Management Committee
2007 - ILTAM - Member of the Presidential Group
1973-1979 - Mathematics & Physics in Ramat HaSharon High School
1984-1985 - Operations Research (Talpiot) in the Hebrew University
Projects: Development of Courses and Labs, e-Learning, Entrepreneurship Projects, etc.
1986-1993 - Research and development of war-games and simulations in IDF.
2000-2007 - A technological innovative start-up which had developed new concepts and methods to provide real time, high quality and low cost traffic information.
2010 - Development of Roles Simulation Generator for Amdocs
Scientific and Professional Publications
1. On Relative Effectiveness in Duels (with Uri Yechiali)
2. Constrained Minimax Estimation of the Mean of the Normal Distribution with Known Variance The Annals of Statistics, Vol. 19, No. 4 (Dec., 1991), pp. 2259-2265
3. Bekhor S., Hirsh M., Nimre S., Feldman I. 2008, Identifying Spatial and Temporal Congestion Characteristics using Passive Mobile Phone Data. 87th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington D.C., USA
4. Nimre S., Bekhor S., Hirsh M., Feldman I. 2008, Identifying Spatial and Temporal Congestion Characteristics using Passive Mobile Phone Data. 7th European Congress and Exhibition on Intelligent Transport Systems and Services, Geneva, Switzerland
Confidential Technical Publications
1979-1985 - 10 classified military publications, mainly on fire control systems.
1985-1993 - 21 classified military publications, mainly on war games.
2000 - Research and development of traffic information systems.
1. USPTO Application #: 20060111833
Title: Method and system for modeling and processing vehicular traffic data and information and applying thereof
2. Title: SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR GEOGRAPHICALLY LOCATING A CELLULAR DEVICE
European Patent Application EP1767038
Abstract of corresponding document: US2006009233
1998 - An Excellence-Initiative-Sign - by the State of Israel regarding the development of main headquarters war-game in the IDF.
- Development of models to predict transportation, logistics, energy and water systems demand
- Development of methods for changing the behavior of users of transportation and energy infrastructure systems
- Design of policy for infrastructure development
- Development of applications for users of transportation, logistics and infrastructure systems
- Products, services and policies effectiveness research