Dr. Moshe Tshuva
Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Afeka Tel Aviv Academic College of Engineering.
Moshe is a renowned expert in solar energy, heat transfer, two-phase flow, thermographic
photography, and exploiting residual industrial energy.
He serves as Head of the Energy Branch of the Israeli Association of Engineers, Architects and Graduates of Technological Sciences in Israel, as well as the Head of the Solar Collectors Standardization committee and a member of the Energy Standardization committee at the Israel Standards Institute.
Military Service: Staff Sergeant 2003-2006
1. Academic Education
|1992-98||Ph.D.||Tel-Aviv University||Mechanical Engineering|
|1990-93||Certification studies||Tel-Aviv University||Gordon Institute - Energy|
|1987-91||M.Sc.||Tel-Aviv University||Mechanical Engineering|
|1979-83||B.Sc.||Tel-Aviv University||Mechanical Engineering|
|Degree||Supervisor||Title of Thesis|
Prof. Y. Taitel.
Prof. Y. Taitel & Prof. D. Barnea
Experimental Study on the Influence of Inclination Angle on Slug Flow Characteristics, Near the Transition Zone
Flow Instability During Direct Steam Generation in a Line-Focus Collector System
2. Academic and Industrial Employment
|1997-||Afeka College of Engineering||Thermodynamics, Heat-Transfer, Thermal cooling of Electronic Equipment, Systematic Inventive Thinking|
|1987-02||Faculty of Engineering, TAU||
New Product Development, Engineering Design
Teaching Assistant: Heat Transfer, Fundamentals of Aerodynamics, Thermodynamics, Measurements Laboratory, Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer Laboratory (Head instructor)
|1994-99||Open University||Systematic Inventive Thinking|
|1987-99||The Technical College Ort Tel-Aviv||Thermodynamics, Heat-Transfer, Solar Energy|
|1983-86||I.D.F.||Developing engineer and projects director on several classified projects.|
Facilitator and trainer, New Product Development and Problem Solving.
Detection of imperfections in precious stones.
|Field surveillance system specially designed for rapid deployment and real-time intelligence.|
|Water treatment technology combines ultraviolet (UV) disinfection with advanced hydraulic.|
(Har Tuv Industrial Park)
|User-friendly mist application of preservative-free ophthalmic drug.|
|Cox-maze procedure for Atrial fibrillation disorder.|
|Thermal design of heat exchanger for cryogenic flowed.|
|Thermal design of battery charging system for "Better Place"|
|Solving thermal and mechanical problems in ultra-pure water pipeline at Intel Factory|
(Teradion Industrial Zone)
|Solving thermal problems in designing oven and contractions in the production of Dry-Fit shirts.|
|Solving thermal problems in designing Integrated Circuits.|
|1999-||The standards institution of Israel||
Member - Energy Professional Committee
Chairman - Expert committee - collectors
Managerial and Engineering Experience
|1983-86||I.D.F. Developing engineer and projects director on several classified projects|
|1993-||4id Ltd. C.S.O.|
|2007 -||Afeka, Head, department of mechanical engineering.|
Membership in Professional Societies
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
ISES (International Solar Energy Society)
3. Academic Activities:
Projects: Development of Courses and Labs, e-Learning, Entrepreneurship Projects, etc.
Development of Courses: Thermodynamics 1+2, Heat-Transfer, Thermal cooling of Electronic Equipment,
Systematic Inventive Thinking - synchronic course E-Learning
Development of Labs: Strength of Materials Laboratory, Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer Laboratory.
Development of Tracks: Automotive, Flow and Energy.
Supervision Students for an Academic High Degree
|Years||Name of Student||Title||Institution||Title of Thesis|
|2000-02||Nisan Yacobi||M.Sc.||TAU - Engineering||Evaluation of air pollution from Tel-Aviv University mobile car in the main entrances of Tel-Aviv University|
Active Participation in Professional Conferences
The 31st Israel conference on mechanical engineering – Member of the organizing Committee.
The 32nd Israel conference on mechanical engineering – Member of the organizing Committee.
5. List of Publications
- Taitel, Y., Pustylnik, L., Tshuva, M., Barnea, D., “Flow distribution of gas and liquid in parallel pipes”, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 29, 1193-1202, 2003.
- Tshuva, M., Pustylinik, L., Barnea, D. and Taitel, Y., “Flow distribution of gas and liquid in parallel pipes”, Proc. Fourth Int. Conf. Multiphase Flow, New Orleans, USA, 2001
- Tshuva, M., Barnea, D. and Taitel, Y., “Two phase flow in inclined parallel pipes”, Int. J. Multiphase Flow, 25, 1491-1503, 1999.
- Tshuva, M., Taitel Y., Barnea D., “Flow distribution of gas and Liquid in parallel pipes”, Proc. Third. Int. Conf. Multiphase Flow, Lyon, France, 1998.
- Tshuva, M., Horowitz, R., “Inventive thinking in education”, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Thinking, Singapore, 1997.
- Tshuva M., Taitel Y., Barnea D., “Instability and non-uniformity of two-phase flow in parallel pipes”, Proc. 2nd. Int. Conf. Multiphase Flow, Kyoto, Japan, 1995.
- Tshuva M., Taitel Y., Barnea D., “Instability and non-uniformity of two-phase flow in parallel pipes”, The 25th Israel conference on mechanical engineering, Technion, Haifa, Israel, 1994
Confidential Technical Publications
2009 Examining the effects of construction of solar thermal power plants in Ashalim.
|2004||Detection of imperfections in precious stones, US 2005/0117145 A1|
|2007||Apparatus and Method for imaging integrated circuits and the like. PCT/IL 2007/000145|
|2009||Device for applying an ophthalmic medicament mist. IL Design Application 48473 - EYE ADMISTER|
|2010||A two-steps multi-dose medicament dispenser. US Provisional application 61/436,682 -|
- Development of models to predict transportation, logistics, energy and water systems demand
- Development of methods for changing the behavior of users of transportation and energy infrastructure systems
- Design of policy for infrastructure development
- Development of applications for users of transportation, logistics and infrastructure systems
- Products, services and policies effectiveness research